Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
About the Role
We have 2 opportunities available; for an Engineer as well as a more experienced Specialist.
As part of the Hadoop Team you will be responsible for executing an “automation first” culture, ensuring new or supported systems are built to meet and integrate with Datacom Group strategy.
You’ll be liaising with internal and external stakeholders as part of this role and collaborating closely to meet customer requirements.
What you’ll do
The core responsibilities for a Hadoop Engineer include:
· Designs, builds and implements Hadoop & RStudio Infrastructure
· Contribute to High Level and Detailed Designs
· Create Statements of Work (SOW) with accurate and realistic timeframes
· Deliver accurate services on time and budget
· Deliver project and BAU outcomes
· Initiate and drive service and process improvement
· Administer the on-going operation of Hadoop Infrastructure for Datacom and customers by adhering to production regimes
· Troubleshoot and maintain Hadoop and R-Studio platforms
What you’ll bring
To be successful in your application for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen with the ability to achieve Baseline Government Security clearance.
You will bring experience and skills in;
- - Cloudera Hadoop Cluster Management (CDH 6.3)
- - NiFi, Hive, Impala, HDFS, Hbase, HUE, Yarn & Spark
- - Python
- - R-Studio, RConnect, R-Studio Package Manager
- - Advance Linux Skills
- - Good understanding of SSL, Kerberos and LDAP
- - Consulting, Project Management and Pre sales skills
You will possess exceptional customer, problem-solving and technical documentation skills, and be a team-player.
We have over 6,500 people across our global offices and generate an annual revenue of over NZ $1.2 billion annually. This makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies.
We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations.
With this comes a long list of significant clients and Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds to serve those clients.
We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
Closing date: 17/10/2021