Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
This is an exciting opportunity Based in our Managed Services team working within our flagship account – our Splunk specialists are hands on and work beside various operational teams, project teams, developers, CyberSecurtity teams and BA’s. Our skilled team have the confidence to work autonomously while also developing and maintaining strong working relationships with the wider teams and managing and engaging their stakeholders.
This is a highly visible role with opportunity to innovate and grow the capability of the team in an environment helping our customer deliver outcomes for all Australians.
About the Role
The Splunk Specialist will focus on delivering innovative solutions for our customer across synthetic monitoring of applications, log collection for our Security Operations Centre and performance dashboards for real-time visibility into our large and complex I.T. environment including data collection and reporting for COVID related data.
This is a hands on role, being involved in various operational tasks and will need to be familiar with Linux and Microsoft operating systems, onboarding log sources, building dashboards and managing enterprise level Splunk environments.
The role is available in any of our Datacom office in Australia.
What you’ll do
- Maintaining Splunk patch and release levels.
- Log ingestion for new applications when introduced into the environment.
- Manage Splunk performance and scale the Splunk environment as required. On-boarding log sources.
- Creating/Testing/Deploying Splunk upgrades, configurations changes, etc. in multiple environments.
- Monitoring the Splunk infrastructure (Identify bad searches, dashboards, overall health of Splunk).
- Ensuring Splunk best practices are applied to Splunk infrastructure.
- Innovating with ideas to improve services and add value to our customer with data insights.
What you’ll bring
- Splunk certified Admin or Architect.
- Experience with various Operating Systems.
- Experience with Splunk or other SIEM platforms.
- Understanding of common query languages leveraged by SIEM platforms.
- Logging technologies including syslog, Windows Event collectors and agent-based data acquisition.
- Data normalisation and the Splunk CIM.
- Creating and developing reporting capabilities.
- Experience managing a large distributed SIEM environment.
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
APPLY HERE for this job