Develop and apply a range of ETL and data skills within a small collaborative team that supports CHOICE to drive positive change for Australian Consumers.
● Passionate about making change that impacts all Australians?
● Keen to learn and develop data management skills on the job?
● Intermediate level opportunity at a high profile national NFP organisation.
CHOICE has played a unique role in Australia’s consumer landscape since 1959.
As a not for profit our activities are intended to benefit not only CHOICE members but also the wider public in pursuit of fair, just and safe markets. We campaign, test and review services, and provide digital tools and content to help consumers make better informed decisions.
We continually invest in growing our capability to anticipate and serve the evolving needs of consumers and rely on a wide variety of data to inform our decisions.
About the role
Reporting to the Data & Analytics Manager you will be part of a team of BI and Data Specialists that support the organisation in gathering information and interpreting and responding to trends on key business indicators.
● Analyse and organize raw data
● Build data systems and pipelines
● Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modelling
● Build algorithms and prototypes
● Combine raw information from different sources
● Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
● Identify opportunities for data acquisition
● Develop analytical tools and programs
● Collaborate with others on cross functional projects
This is an intermediate level role offering an environment and professional support to learn and develop a broad and sought after skill set. You don’t need a degree but to start with you will need:
● Proficiency in programming with Python and SQL
● A working knowledge of utilising source code repositories (Git, Bitbucket) and integrations with data visualisation solutions
● Familiarity with cloud platforms & ETL tools
● Demonstrated interest in database theory and design through formal and informal training
Once you are up and running you can expect to have:
● ownership of the Data Warehouse and ETL capability
● the opportunity to evolve our data capabilities and impact
● a high degree of autonomy to solve data problems
● access to the AWS environment and scope to experiment with new tools
You will work closely with a range of technical and business colleagues to acquire and develop business intelligence and data analysis skills.
CHOICE is an ethical workplace that lives our organisational values of Truth, Help and Impact. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace creates a positive working environment for all employees that helps us better represent Australian consumers. We value diversity in our teams and work hard to ensure our people feel they belong at CHOICE. We embrace flexible working aligned to individual needs, and support our teams to work collaboratively wherever they are located.
CHOICE uses a range of techniques to assess whether you’re the right person for the job, and we’re more than happy to meet your needs should you require adjustments regarding access or support. We encourage you to let us know during the application process so we can work with you on this, and your personal information will be kept confidential.
We’re currently working from home with plans to work a mix from home and office in future. CHOICE is located in the Inner West of Sydney (Marrickville) close to the Tempe and Marrickville train stations, multiple bus routes and with free parking on-site.
Please include your resume and a cover letter telling us what interests you in working for CHOICE and why you think you would be a good fit for the role and organisation.
Email James McCay at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.