If you are a seasoned IT professional interested in a once-in-a-lifetime job in the sports industry, this is your chance. We are looking for someone to lead and strengthen the team in charge of organising the biggest women’s sporting event in the world: the FIFA Women’s World Cup Australia & New Zealand 2023™.
To ensure the successful operational delivery of the ninth edition of this competition, we have set up a local events team. Its aim is to improve the experience of over 1.1 billion people watching the FIFA Women’s World Cup™, by delivering innovative solutions across all operational areas.
We are currently looking to recruit our Senior IT Infrastructure Manager
Under the guidance of the Head of IT and in consultation with FIFA Zurich IT, the Senior Venue IT Manager will be responsible for the successful implementation and management of the IT infrastructure and services for the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™.
The primary focus of this role is Service Management, Cyber Security, Network and IT overlay in Australia and New Zealand. This role has responsibility for the delivery of IT infrastructure operations withing budget and timescales, to ensure an efficient and high-quality delivery of services to all relevant target groups.
The Senior IT Infrastructure Manager will be a subject matter expert on infrastructure and service management related disciplines, providing strategic and technical advice to the Head of IT on any relevant subject areas, and act as a true role model in representing IT internally and towards external partners.
Your role as Senior IT Infrastructure Manager includes the following responsibilities:
• The Senior IT Infrastructure Manager will be the lead in areas of hardware, network, service management, cyber security and day to day IT service provision, ensuring all relevant aspects required at the event are implemented according to FWWC2023 requirements.
• Ensure all aspects of the Infrastructure services (Venue Network, Broadcast Contribution Network, HQ Network, Infrastructure, Cyber Security, Digital Workplace, Telecommunications, VoIP, End-user support) are implemented at venues and offices according to FWWC requirements
• Based on IT standards and requirements provided by FIFA, develop, document and implement the IT strategy for the planning, implementation and operations of all IT infrastructure services during the FWWC.
• Recruitment of direct reports in the next phase of hiring, who will in turn be responsible to deliver their key area of scope. Collaborate on the definition of the Asset tracking and management of deployed equipment in all sites
• Lead the management of infrastructure build and implementation, ensuring timely availability of components and services and including the commissioning and decommissioning of venues
• Lead the design of IT services and operations (FWWC IT Support Model)
• Lead the scope definition, procurement liaison, supplier selection and onboarding of FWWC infrastructure suppliers
• Ensure all tasks and deliverables are completed to scope, within budget and on schedule
• Build and maintain strong relationships with counterparts in Australia and New Zealand Football Associations, with service providers, contractors, governments, and non-governmental institutions to ensure delivery of national and metropolitan infrastructure as per the tournament needs.
• Continuously review and make recommendations to improve IT across the tournament. Collaborate with other Senior Managers and the Head of IT to integrate IT Project Plans, ensuring requirements of all relevant stakeholders are aligned for each event or competition.
• Plan the central support and monitoring of networks and services. Ensure that all IT related services are being tracked in the ITSM and supported as per SLAs,
• Regular travel throughout Australia and New Zealand to the Host Cities.
• Support the development of the IT readiness program, including test events and exercises, policies and procedures, training of the team and redeployment to the tournament time positions
• Be a key member of the IT Senior team and work collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation and FIFA Zurich as defined by the operational organisational structure.
Qualifications & experience
You will have a University Degree in IT or at least adequate training/vocational education in IT. Should have at least have 5 years of experience in the delivery of IT and Technology services to high-profile major sporting events. Minimum of 5 years managing multi-disciplinary teams is essential. Experience in authoring and managing tender documents and processes associated with IT infrastructure. Should have strong technical skills and experience enabling management of an outsourced contractor, including Microsoft 365, cyber security, and networking.
This position requires a person with the ability to design, comprehend and follow business process. Must be capable of effectively monitoring organisational performance and implementing corrective actions. Be able to hire, develop, coach, appraise and retain highly qualified employees. Should have critical thinking and decision-making skills and ability to manage a team of highly qualified employees. High energy levels, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leadership skills, effective negotiation skills, excellent communication skills and positive relationship-management skills are essential.
What we offer
Working at the FIFA Women’s World Cup Australia & New Zealand 2023 is more than a job; it is a calling to create a better world through the power of football.
As part of the FIFA family, you will be working with highly motivated colleagues within a dynamic and diverse team. Employment is offered until September 2023.
How to apply
If you think you would be a good fit and are keen to work for an exciting and truly international organisation, we would love to hear from you. To apply, you should submit your application in English (motivation letter, CV, diplomas and reference letters) through our online application portal. Please only submit your applications through the portal, we cannot review applications submitted by email or post. Applicants will be required to provide proof of right to work within the host countries.
Closing Date: 17th October, 2021