- HRD's Employer of Choice since 2016
- Accredited Family Friendly Workplace
- Competitive Remuneration & Extensive Benefits
Data#3 Queensland is seeking an inspiring and results-driven sales leader who has a passion for building a strong people culture that breeds success.
This is a unique opportunity to build upon Data#3’s outstanding success and long-standing reputation in the public sector space. Data#3’s reputation has been built on a history of providing technology solutions to the Queensland Government.
You will lead, coach, and develop an engaged and high-performing diverse sales team as well as a large sales support and contracts management team.
The primary purpose of this role is to achieve our strategic and business objectives, in line with our sales strategy. You will ensure we align best-of-breed infrastructure and services solutions to customers’ business objectives, to drive customer success and achieve sales team targets.
Key areas of focus for the role are across strategic sales performance as well as managing a high-volume business through a capable team.
There is a strong focus on panel agreements and forging and continuing long term relationships with key customers and vendor partners.
Core responsibilities include:
- Providing inspirational sales leadership
- Coaching and mentoring your team to ensure continuous skills development
- Achieving team targets through strategy implementation, new business, and increased offerings in existing business
- Maximising customer satisfaction through the development of trust and credibility
- Continuing strong vendor partnerships and developing ongoing joint business plans
- Positioning Data#3 strategically in the marketplace, maximising all business opportunities.
WHY WE WANT YOU:
You are vibrant energetic respected leader with exceptional communication skills, business acumen, and people skills. You lead sales teams to outperform sales goals, develop new business, and strengthen relationships with partners and stakeholders. You bring expert presentation, negotiation, and communication skills with exceptional abilities in strategy planning, coaching, mentoring and goal setting. Importantly you have a track record of fostering a high-performing and people first culture which has led to outstanding results.
Further to this, you will have:
- 5+ years’ experience in complex solution sales to large government customers coming from a vendor, integrator, or a related rich tech sales background (data centre & storage is highly desirable)
- 7+ years’ experience managing and coaching teams through the full sales cycle (prospecting, developing, negotiating, and closing the sale)
- Professionalism, a sense of urgency, dedication to continuous improvement, and wider organisational awareness.
- Skills in identifying, canvassing, and onboarding to large government panel arrangements.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to run this business with financial management across a number of P&Ls, team leadership, and outcome responsibility. You’ll be surrounded by an extremely knowledgeable and talented team of people, supported by a comprehensive set of services offerings. You’ll be rewarded for your team's success by enjoying a highly competitive reward structure. All this, whilst being given unrivaled personal career growth and development opportunity.
Our other benefits include:
- Community Service Leave
- Flexible Working
- Income Protection
For our extensive list of benefits, head to our Careers page: https://www.data3.com/careers/
Who is Data#3?
Data#3 is a $1.96 billion, award-winning business technology solutions company. We are a Top 200 ASX organisation, with over 1,200 employees in 12 locations across Australia. We are dedicated to delivering solutions that solve customer’s challenges and harness the power of technology for a better future.
Named Queensland Women in Technology (WiT) 2020 Corporate Employer of Choice and voted HRD’s Employer of Choice for the last 6 years, our award-winning culture is built on five core values; Honesty, Excellence, Agility, Respect, and Teamwork (HEART).
We hold a collective commitment to foster an environment where our differences are valued and celebrated, where people are supported and inspired to do and the be their best, and where everyone experiences a sense of belonging.
Please note that Data#3 will request as part of the recruitment process, reference checks and verification of your right to work in Australia. You may also be required to undertake background checks and police checks for security clearance pertaining to specific job requirements.
Interested? Please contact Justine Murphy - Talent Acquisition Specialist at Data#3 at: email@example.com or phone Justine for a confidential discussion on 0410 301 611.