- Fixed term opportunity for 12 months
- Competitive salary with 17% superannuation
- Closing date – Sunday 11 December 2022 11.00PM AEST (R-18618)
About This Opportunity
The University of Queensland’s (UQ) Information Technology Services is seeking a highly experienced and motivated Project Manager who is passionate, skilled, and experienced in leading Digital Transformation within large, complex organisations.
As a Project Manager you will work closely with university stakeholders delivering solutions that help transform the way the UQ community lives and learns. UQ Projects are often diverse in scope, technology, and stakeholders, touching both administrative and digital experience domains, involving all UQ stakeholders, staff, students, alumni and the larger UQ Community.
With access to UQ's Project Management frameworks, and leading project management tools, including Microsoft 365, Jira and Confluence, you will be able to leverage the best technology and practices to deliver projects and outcomes that help define the future of UQ and knowledge leaders of tomorrow.
This role will require leadership capabilities for a small, capable team. Further supported by enabling teams within the University including legal services, procurement services and data services to ensure projects can meet critical business objectives.
At UQ, we provide a workplace with a strong focus on work/life balance, offering flexible hybrid working arrangements allowing you to work from the UQ St Lucia Campus, Toowong and offsite. Conveniently serviced by bus, train and ferry, UQ's St Lucia Campus and our Digital Transformation hub in Toowong, is perfectly located close to public transport, with onsite end of journey facilities and local amenities like shops, gyms, and medical services.
You will be responsible for:
The Project Manager is responsible for supporting the end-to-end delivery of IT projects that form part of the ITS Capital Management Investment Program and strategic vision. This role encompasses delivering outcomes across all aspects of the project life-cycle, including project planning, developing processes to monitor and evaluate the project, managing project deliverables and communication, facilitating stakeholder engagements, contract negotiations, and supporting project reporting requirements.
Specifically, you will be responsible for supporting the Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) project, which aims to provide a SaaS system to capture, manage work input and output, as well as subsequent workflows and provide useful and meaningful reporting across Enterprise Risk, Internal Audit, Enterprise Compliance and Insurance Services. In addition, the Project Manager will support the implementation or development of a new platform to manage the University’s suite of policies, procedures, forms and guidelines. The project is currently underway and is at the contract negotiation stage.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Contribute to the preparation of project briefs to support informed decision making and planning
- Coordinate tender and vendor evaluation, selection and alignment processes/activities which comply with organisational procurement policies and procedures
- Provide project and administrative support, including monitoring and reporting on project plans, milestones and deliverables, to ensure time, cost and quality indicators are aligned with approved project plans
- Effectively lead and manage agile project initiatives, including planning and prioritising project team activities
- Identify, control and manage issues, risks, dependencies and changes in project scope, including the development of issues and risk registers and project monitoring and evaluation processes
- Working in partnership with the Project Sponsor, support project governance and reporting in accordance with agreed project methodologies and protocols
- Coordinate and provide regular updates to the Project Steering Committee
- Manage the project budget
This role is subject to The University’s Code of Conduct.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager who loves learning and working within a diverse and experienced team to deliver solutions across the many different areas of the University. With postgraduate qualifications (or be in progress towards postgraduate qualifications) in Business, Project Management or a related field or an equivalent combination of qualifications and workplace experience. In addition, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing medium to large projects, ideally within a large and/or complex organisational context
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant project management tools or equivalent practical methodology for monitoring project progress
- Knowledge of and experience in coordinating vendor selection, alignment, and contract negotiations
- High-level interpersonal skills, including the effective liaison and negotiation skills needed to develop and maintain strong working relationships within a School/Faculty/Institute/Portfolio, and the wider University community
- Demonstrated high level organisational ability, attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Experience leading project team staff, including planning, organising, performance management, recognition and development of staff.
- Previous project management experience within a tertiary and/or research institution would be highly valued
- Knowledge and experience in governance, risk and compliance (GRC) cloud-based implementation projects would be beneficial
What We Can Offer
This is full-time Fixed term position for 12 months offering a competitive base salary plus up to 17% superannuation, the total compensation is negotiable subject to experience.
For further information about UQ’s benefits, please visit Why Work at UQ and review The University of Queensland's Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2018-2021.
To discuss this role please contact Richard Rerrie at firstname.lastname@example.org
For application queries, please contact email@example.com stating the job reference number in the subject line.
Want to Apply?
All applicants must supply the following documents for your application to be considered:
- Cover letter addressing the ‘About You’ section
To satisfy pre-requisite questions and ensure your application can be considered in full, all candidates must apply via the UQ Careers portal by the job closing deadline or will not be accepted.
Please note that you will be asked to add all documents into the one upload box labelled ‘resume’, which is step one of the application form.
Please note applications will be reviewed as received. Candidates may be interviewed prior to the job closing date. We encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible. The University of Queensland reserves the right to close this application process early.
Work Rights: You must have unrestricted work rights in Australia for the duration of this appointment to apply. Visa sponsorship is not available for this appointment.
Background Checks: All final applicants for this position may be asked to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
We value diversity and inclusion, and actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity to the University. Our Diversity and Inclusion webpage contains further information if you require additional support. Accessibility requirements and/or adjustments can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a current employee of the University, or hold an unpaid or affiliate appointment with the University, please login to your staff Workday account and visit the internal careers board to apply for this opportunity. Please do NOT apply via the external job board.
If you are interested in this role please apply through here.